Monday, January 10, 2011

You Spin Me Right Round, Baby



So every one makes fabulous goals for the new year and some stick to them and some do not. I am usually the do not type. I mean just because its January doesn't motivate me any more or less than when its say August. So last year (nov/dec) I decided that if I was going to do the whole eat better/work out more thing that I needed to start before January so that it was something I was doing and not a New Years Resolution. I am not sure if that makes sense or not but you get the point.

Well I started slow and had some breaks because of the holiday but I can say that I am a solid 10 lbs lighter (15 on a good day) than I was when I started. I am back to high school weight!!! I have cut out A LOT of sugar from my diet (the hardest thing I've ever had to give up) and I am exercising WAY more. I have turned into one of those workout nuts! But I am enjoying it.

I did Zumba the past few months and loved it. But I wanted something new so I decided spinning was next. I started last Friday, have gone to three classes, and I am absolutely ADDICTED! I hope to stay strong for the month and kick my working out in to high gear. I want to look forward to swimsuit season this year instead of dreading it like I do every other year.

I wish everyone luck in their endeavors to stay true to their goals and accomplish them! My sister Katie has been blogging about her transformation and it has given me the kick in the booty to not only be a healthier but a MUCH HAPPIER me!!!

4 comments:

Sabra said...

What is it going to take to motivate me?

Sarah said...

15 lbs on a good day?!? Are your poops 5 pounds?

Just Joan said...

No meaning if I don't eat junk food and have worked out I am usually lighter!!

katiekat said...

I wish I could do spinning. Perhaps after losing some weight :) my biggest struggle by far is fast food. One day at a time...isn't that what alcoholics say? Well, I guess it's the same for any addiction. Glad you found something you're really enjoying. Love you!