Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Plateau



The past few weeks I have been on a high, constantly going up and feeling good. However, the past week or so I have been just getting along, not having those same feelings. What is wrong with me? (I partially blame the weather)

I am still working out, always good; but I started eating crap food again! Why is sugar so hard to give up? I gave up all my other vices without a second thought...BUT SUGAR IS MY PROBLEM!?!?! I need help ASAP.

So I thought...when was the last time I did a diet that really work, wasn't super restrictive on how much I ate, and something I could actually do and not want to slit my wrists. I would have to say it was one I did in high school during track season (AKA my track diet). It is basically a list of things you cannot eat based on what you usually eat. Here it is...

No...
fried food
candy/desserts (sugar)
soda
cheese
pickles
carne asada
milk (one glass a day)

I am hoping this will help cleanse my body, jump start me, and give me the energy I am lacking!

OH, I am also going to go to bed at a reasonable hour so I get the sleep I need!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

what's wrong with carne asada?!?

Just Joan said...

IDK McCloud said certain things react with the body (like the vinegar in pickles is bad)...carne asada was on his list. You remember anything else on that list?

xenacat1 said...

I will say a prayer for you, Joan. 'Cuz that's the only way I could survive such deprivation: divine intervention!

Sabra said...

The old "carne diet" eh? I remember that one.

Laydee said...

ok. go to the book store and pick up the abs-diet cook book. really we've tried quite a few recipes and they aren't just choke-it-down meals...they are actually good (our fav are the sloppy joes)

Katie Kat said...

Hang in there sweetie! Sweets and carbs are both killers for me. Love you and can't wait to see you. Less than a month to go!!

Wendy said...

You are doing great! Cut yourself some slack. Everyone needs a little of this and a little of that once in a while...just forgive yourself and "push play". We have the Body for Life cookbook and I made lunch and dinner from it for 2 weeks strait! Loved all the meals. Got rid of a few lbs too! "They" say it's always the food intake that gets in our way. Go to the library and check it out! (No pun intended...) Let me know what you think!