Monday, January 11, 2010

One is NEVER Enough...Right?!!?

Okay...some call me a little impulsive when it comes to certain things. I of course have no idea what they are talking about.

I have been thinking that Chuy needed a girlfriend of sister sometime soon. I plan to be working after June and the thought of him staying home alone for 9 hours was killing me. So I made plans to bring Fran home from my sister's. Well what sane person wants to give their precious little dog away? So not surprisingly Sabra decided to keep Fran and Chuy and I came home empty handed. He was mopey the entire day or two after we got home. He had such a great time with his cousin every day. Well I had been going between hesitant and gung-ho about another dog; but I let the impulsiveness (and encouragement from a few friends) get to me the other day.

I was lounging around with my two roomies and friend Erin preparing a breakfast of pancakes and eggs when Kirsten left her computer open with the dog adds on kijiji.com up for me to oh so conveniently see. So while I ate I glanced at the first two pages (cheapest ads first!). To my surprise there was a doxie-poo for $45! He was a little older than I had wanted (4 months) and a boy (power issues with Chuy) but I emailed the guy for a picture and information about picking him up as soon as possible. The next day I skipped out of church a little early, packed up the gang, and headed to West Virginia (about an hour away) to meet this little dog. I immediately fell in love!!

We have had so much fun with him already...and it has only been 24 hours! He needed a bath badly (previous owners were smokers), a hoodie, toys, and lots of love and attention. He is getting more than he bargained for!

He poops outside but has been paper trained, so he pees in the house (disgusting). We have been about 50/50 today. But wish me luck! (Chuy only took about a month or so...I think I can do just as well with black dog but I do not want to jinx myself).

Also, he has no name. He is being called Carlos and Black Dog until further notice. Thoughts or Ideas? I was thinking something French (since he is half poodle) to go with Von Festivus (middle and last name).





3 comments:

Sabra said...

Look at their faces in the picture where you are holding them. Totally forced. Very similar to many of the photos Mom has taken of us kids over the years. "EVERYONE smile and act like we love eachother!"

xenacat1 said...

Congrats on the new addition. He is too cute!

Katie Kat said...

well hello little cutie! I knew Sabra wouldn't give up Fran. Well, the new little dog is very lucky to have such a good new home. Have fun!