Friday, January 25, 2008

Rio

Wow! Rio is beautiful...today we took so many tours my feet are killing me. We went to the world's largest slum. We rode motorcycles to the top and walked to the bottom. We saw some of the most interesting living conditions I have ever seen. It is amazing that people can live in such filth. After the slum we went to a cathedral, soccer stadium, the big Jesus, and up sugar loaf mountain. They were all beautiful. The big Jesus was by far my most favorite thing on the trip. It was so powerful to stand beneath a large statue of Jesus and have him peering down at you. It was very moving. Tonight we went to a very nice restaurant and spent $1100!!! Matt was a little worried. Lisa, Rose, and I went down to the beach with a few others and walked barefoot. I cannot wait for my whole day on the beach tomorrow. Well here are some pictures from the last week that I have not been able to load and put up because of lousy internet connections. Well I love and miss everyone and can not wait to be in the states in a few days!!!

Pictures from Rio coming soon!!

3 comments:

Sabra said...

Please tell me that little Chinese doll is for me, or there is a twin to her in your suitcase for me. Adorable!

Missing you tons (but don't come home without a little Asian doll for me)!

Just Joan said...

I have two....one is the one in the picture and the other is like her and smiling...they came in my happy meals. I got two because I just knew you would want one. I will get and send a picture of the other and you can let me know which one you like. The one in the picture...her cheeks light up...the other her heart. I love and miss you!!!

ps - I would never think about not getting you an asian girl!

Sabra said...

I raised you well!