Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brazil Continued


Hey Guys! It has been a while since I was last able to post. Our last day in Belem we took two tours. We went to the elementary school and the university. The kids were so cute! The next day we got on a boat and began our five day journey down the Amazon River. WOW! So many things happened where do I begin. First off the condition were outrageous. We were crammed into a tiny space with many other Brazillian families. Overall I loved it but the food was the same: breakfast - bread and water lunch and dinner - beef, pasta, and rice. After the second day everyone became ill. I don't think their was one healthy person in the group. I am still not feeling all too well but I am loosing weight! Just kidding mom. Well the natives on the Amazon live in unimaginable conditions. I have so many picture I will upload as soon as there is not a long line behind me for the computer. We got off the boat in Manaus and spent the night in a glorious hotel (probably no better than a 4th ave. motel but at this point who cares). The next morning we went on a jungle tour and went walking throught the amazon. We say huge lilly pads and an alligator. We also were able to hold a baby alligator, sloth, monkey, and cobra! I got pictures with all of them. I can not believe I really did hold them all....I think everyone did. Later that day we boarded our flight to Soa Paulo and then to Iguacu Falls. We arrived at a hostel that is like a country club compared to the first one. Today we will be going to Paraguay and then the falls. I am so excited. I will write more when I can and I will load pictures as well. I love and miss everyone so much!
Joanie

4 comments:

Sabra said...

Yeah for losing weight! Don't foget to pick me up a tapeworm while you're there!

Just Joan said...

I won't forget! I was feeling better...and then I wasn't...so sad
Joanie

Sabra said...

You'll be home (U.S.) in four days! Don't count today, and you can't count the day you actually fly in. Never count weekends! You're pretty much home and in your own bed drinking good, ole American chemical water!

Just Joan said...

I def. can not wait!! I have so much to talk to you about....its been weeks I am lost without you!
Joanie