Saturday, July 23, 2011

Neva Stops



Months ago I decided to finally take the first step towards enrolling in a kickboxing class. I bought a Groupon for 4 classes, free gloves, and a personal training session; that was in March. Four months later I finally went to my first class AND LOVED IT!!!

At first I was a little hesitant but got over that quickly. Due to the odd number of students I was paired up with the instructor and he was AWESOME, couldn't believe that this was my first class since I was doing so well. He even showed me the next steps, how to turn my hips or foot to get more power behind a kick or punch.

He said I had so much athletic ability and I was picking it up so quickly. HELLO?!?! I am a Downing...they must not know about us in Maryland. We are amazing athletes, thanks to our father the one and only Michael Downing. Or perhaps it is because we were all subject to the terrifying game of NEVA STOPS...where he would slowly come at us while punching (don't worry he wasn't violent, no need to call CPS). Either way I loved how easily I picked up the basics and how excited I am to take more classes...now why the hell did I wait so long to go?!?!

3 comments:

Sabra said...

I'm so glad you love it! Dad has been waiting for Neva Stops to pay off.

Katie Kat said...

That's Awesome! Way to go!!

Kelly said...

In addition to the "Neva Stops" was the "Hit Me" where he'd have us punch him in the stomach as hard as we could. Then he'd say something like, "come on, you can hit harder than that". An ocean of insanity. Just when you think you all is calm, another wave of crazy hits you.