Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Fabulous (and Super Easy) Chicken Recipe



My friend Kerri sent this recipe to me and I used it the other night and it was AMAZING. I changed a few things of course for what I had in the kitchen but I am sure whether you follow the recipe or modify it a little you will be satisfied!

Olive oil
Fresh cracked sea salt
Fresh cracked pepper
Minced garlic
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 white onion
Multi-Color Rotini Pasta

-Dice the onion and the bell peppers into pretty small, fine pieces (like ¼” by ¼”).
-Put the onion, bell peppers and about 1.5 teaspoon minced garlic into a large sauce pan (large enough to be able to add the chicken and pasta later on).
-Pour a good bit of olive oil all over the mixture and stir so that everything gets nice and saturated.
-Add cracked salt and pepper to the mixture.
-Let the mixture cook down on a medium heat until the onions/bell peppers get pretty soft.
-Cut your chicken breasts into very, very thin medallions (quarter size).
-Add the chicken medallions to the onion/bell pepper mixture and let everything continue to cook together.
-Boil your pasta for about 9-10 minutes.
-Once you feel like the chicken has cooked enough, drain the pasta and add it to the mixture

NOTE: you may not want to add the entire box/bag of pasta so that you get a good ratio of pasta to everything else

Serve with garlic bread.


The way I did it...

I cooked a red onion and all the different color peppers in garlic and oil. I added a pinch of sea salt, pepper, and seasoned salt. Once that was cooked I added the chicken. Then I added cooked rice (instead of pasta) and some chicken broth. YUMMY!!

I can't wait to try it with pasta as well.

1 comment:

Katie Kat said...

Sounds good. You'll have to make us some when we get there. Less than 4 days to go...